The first time someone explained to me WordPress, they said; WordPress is used for a blog. That was NOT true. You see WordPress is used for a lot more.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a popular tool for websites and blogs. It is used on more than 25% of ALL websites online. This means 1 in 4 four websites is powered by WordPress. Yes, it is that popular.
On a technical level, WordPress is an open source content management system. It is free to use. It is also easy to update. There are two WordPress options. The one is hosting it yourself; the other is subscribing to an online version.
Why is WordPress so popular? There are 4 key reasons:
- It is easy to use
- The size of the installation is small compared to other content management systems
- Search engines love blogs, and WordPress is great at blogging
- There are thousands of extensions to give you extra functionality
Why Use WordPress?
WordPress is user friendly. You can learn how to use WordPress in a couple of hours. Here is an online training course for WordPress. This course is ideal for beginners who want to learn the ropes. The title of the course is: WordPress Tutorial: WordPress Training for Beginners. This WordPress tutorial video training course will teach you the basics of how to use WordPress.
What is WordPress used for?
WordPress is not just a blogging tool. Yes it is great at blogging, but you can do so much more, like:
- E-commerce Website: With the right extensions you can build an e-commerce store
- Professional Business Website: Create your own business website
- Personal Website: Create a personal brand website
- Affiliate Marketing Website: Do you marketing affiliate products? Here is a course on starting with affiliate marketing. WordPress is ideal.
- Business Directory: Yes, WordPress can be used as a business directory website.
- Membership Site: Use WordPress as a membership site.
- And MANY MANY more!