WordPress is THE leading blogging platform in the world. It is easy for beginners to learn to use WordPress. In this blog post we will look at 5 important skills when using WordPress. This is WordPress for Beginners.
- Skill 1: Know the difference between a page and a post. We use posts for blogs and pages for key pages like about us, home page, etc.
- Skill 2: Before installing anything; create a backup. Yes, it is easy to install stuff on WordPress. It is hard to undo something that breaks it.
- Skill 3: Always read the reviews of plugins and extensions. More popular ones tend to work better.
- Skill 4: Understand some HTML coding. Helps with page layout and being afraid of the code. All websites are driven by code and having some understanding of it helps a LOT!
- Skill 5: Backup your WordPress site. If you are using a hosted solution always backup the site. Ensure you have a working version of it. Host good hosting companies also have backups. It is good practice to have your own WordPress backup.
Interested in learning how to use WordPress? Introducing WordPress Beginners Online Training Course. This WordPress tutorial video training course will teach you the basics of how to use WordPress. A set of training videos that walk you through the techie side of managing your own WordPress Web Site.